We’ve been fortunate as a club to be supported by donations from local breweries, restaurants and homebrew shops. Now as they’re facing tough times, it’s a good time for us to support them! Many are offering curbside pickup and local delivery.
So we can still support local while brewing in isolation!
Bluejacket/Neighborhood Restaurant Group: They’ve started NRGProvisions where you can order a delivery of Bluejacket beer, various spirits, food from their other restaurants (like Red Apron), as well as lots of pantry staples (like eggs and flour).
3 Stars: Offering delivery (NW/NE only) and pickup. Also still offering CO2 tank swaps.
Port City: Offering delivery (10 miles from brewery) and curbside pickup.
Capitol Cider House: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (DC only).
Red Bear: Offering pickup and delivery (DC, within 5 miles) of beer and food.
Right Proper: Offering pickup and delivery (within 5 miles) from both locations.
Cotton and Reed: Making hand sanitizer! Selling from their window (no preorders).
New Columbia Distillers: Making hand sanitizer! Not selling directly, still distributing.
Rocket Frog: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (local VA only).
Atlas Brew Works: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (DC only). Offering kegs.
DC Brau: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (DC only).
Hellbender: Offering pickup only.
Silver Branch: Offering pickup and delivery (MD only) of beer and food.
Falls Church Distillers: Offering pickup, delivery and shipping (VA only).
Settle Down Easy: Offering pickup and delivery (within 5 miles).
Denizens: Offering beer delivery (local MD only).
Astrolab: Offering pickup Thurs-Sat.
Caboose: Offering pickup through their window.
Old Bust Head: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (local VA only). Offering kegs.
Pizza Paradiso: Carry out and delivery available from Dupont, Georgetown, Spring Valley and Hyattsville. Beer from DC locations is 30% off (carry out only)!
Glen’s Garden Market: Offering contactless curbside pickup and free delivery within 1 mile.
Bruery: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (DC only). Still doing releases.
Craft Beer Cellar: Offering curbside pickup and delivery (DC only). Still doing releases.
Midlands: Offering contactless pickup of beer and food.
Dogfish Head Alehouse: Carry out beer & food, food delivery through UberEats.
Closed, for now: Roofer’s Union, City Tap, Heurich House.
Maryland Homebrew: Online orders (or call) for pickup and delivery.
MyLHBS: Online orders for pickup, three days a week.
The Brew Shop: Online orders (including commercial beer) for pickup and delivery (local VA only).
Annapolis Home Brew: Online orders for pickup (including C02 tank fills).
3 Stars: Has closed (before Covid), but they still have a few small items on sale for pickup and are still doing CO2 tank swamps.
Other supporters who are still online & shipping like usual:
- Malts Wiki: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Malts_Chart
- Malt Descriptions: http://www.winning-homebrew.com/malts.html
- Hops by beer style: http://www.byo.com/resources/hops
- Hop Profiles: http://www.homebrewstuff.com/hop-profiles
- Growing Hops: http://pw2.netcom.com/~dluzanp/backyard.htm
- White Labs: http://www.whitelabs.com/beer/homebrew/listings
- Wyeast: http://www.wyeastlab.com/hb_yeaststrain.cfm
- Danstar: http://www.danstaryeast.com/products
- Fermentis: http://www.fermentis.com/brewing/homebrewing/product-range/
- Yeast Strains by style: http://byo.com/resources/yeast
- Liquid yeast comparisons: http://www.mrmalty.com/yeast.htm
- Dry yeast substitutions: http://alestolagers.blogspot.com/2010/05/for-hombrewer-dry-yeast-substitution.html
- Rehydrating Dry Yeast: http://koehlerbeer.com/2008/06/07/rehydrating-dry-yeast-with-dr-clayton-cone/
- Priming Sugar: http://www.homebrewing.com/calculators/?page=tools§ion=sugar
- Refractometer Calculator: http://seanterrill.com/2012/01/06/refractometer-calculator/
- John Palmer’s How To Brew: http://www.howtobrew.com/sitemap.html
- Building a Keggle: http://www.examiner.com/article/how-to-build-a-homebrew-kettle
- Yeast Washing: http://www.blog.dchomebrewers.com/?attachment_id=101
- Corny Keg thread sizes: http://www.dresselbrew.com/Keg_Info.htm
- Beer Troubleshooting chart: http://www.byo.com/resources/troubleshooting
- Water profiles: http://beersmith.com/Water/Waters.htm
- Cleaners and Sanitizers: http://www.bayareamashers.org/articles/Comparison of cleaners and sanitizers.pdf
- Where to get CO2 (reference thanks to the BURP Homebrew club): http://brew.burp.org/Brewing/CO2SourcesUpdated.aspx